[Libs-Or] Upcoming webinars highlighting enhancements to Gale databases

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu Aug 29 10:53:01 PDT 2019

[cid:image005.png at 01D55E57.EDE940B0][Gale Virtual Reference Library image icon]                                         [Gale Virtual Reference Library icon]

If you have heard about the enhancements to the Gale databases but haven't yet had a chance to take a look, below are some upcoming opportunities to check them out! These short webinars will go over the new look and feel as well as highlight the ways they can be used to engage library users.

If you can't attend these sessions, check out other recorded videos<https://support.gale.com/oregon/webinars> that highlight recent enhancements.

[Gale Books and Authors icon]Gale Books and Authors
September 12, 2019 10:00 - 10:30 am
Gale Books and Authors offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, Authors, genres, and topics.  In this session, we will explore this enlightening reader's discovery resource of award-winning and popular genre fiction and non-fiction titles, utilize the integrated workflow tools, and identify the variety of ways to search or discover exciting new titles.  Recent enhancements will be highlighted as well!
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4476571833536205068

[Gale Virtual Reference Library icon]Gale eBooks (formerly GVRL) Webinar
September 20, 10:00 - 10:30 am
Gale eBooks offers users an award-winning, hassle-free eBook experience for your custom collection of titles, accessible anytime, anywhere, and on any device. In this webinar, we'll cover the ins and outs of how to find what you need in your eBooks, how to browse your collection, and highlight   recent enhancements to the platform.
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1919232032166566667

[Gale In Context: High School]Gale In Context: High School (formerly Student Resources In Context)
September 16, 2019 12:00 - 12:30 pm
Gale In Context: High School provides cross-curricular content on the most-studied topics aligned with national and state curriculum standards reinforcing the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.  In this session, we will explore this rich general reference resource that includes reference articles with critical thinking questions, primary sources, interactive video files, and more.  Recent enhancements will be highlighted as well!
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6643831297673457420

[Gale In Context: Middle School]Gale In Context: Middle School (formerly Research In Context)
October 3, 10:00 - 10:30 am
Gale In Context: Middle School is a research tool created to support developing middle school aged learners as they build critical thinking and research skills. Cross-curricular content combined with organizational tools such as Highlights and Notes, and a simple user interface helps learners feel confident as they explore. In this webinar we will review the tools and features available, as well as the simple design and workflow. Recent enhancements will be highlighted as well!
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6283068338506406923

[Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints]Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints
October 2, 10:00- 10:30 am
Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints is the premier online resource covering today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration to marijuana. In this webinar, we'll explore this rich resource for debaters that includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. Recent enhancements will be highlighted as well!
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5602509123797598219

[Power Search (Gale) Web Icon]Gale OneFile and PowerSearch
September 9, 10:00 - 10:30 am
The Gale OneFile product family provides what 21st-century researchers expect: instant access to complete, up-to-date content. These resources put the world's leading journals, magazines, newspapers and more at your users' fingertips, with easy-to-use features and unique search tools enabling discovery. In this session, we'll cover popular resources like Gale General OneFile, Gale Academic OneFile, Gale OneFile: News and recent enhancements to all, including our cross-search platform, Gale PowerSearch.
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/958187401234498827

Gale resources are available at no cost to Oregon libraries through the Statewide Database Licensing Program (SDLP)<http://libguides.osl.state.or.us/SDLP_FAQ>. The SDLP is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA), administered by the State Library of Oregon.

Please contact me if you have any questions!

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image003.png at 01D2BCD4.A65A4C70]