[Libs-Or] Random Drug Screening

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Fri Feb 1 14:38:27 PST 2019

Our city eliminated drug screens for all staff unless they are "safety" positions.  To do drug screens on staff who don't drive or operate heavy equipment or carry guns is not the norm any longer.   I would discourage doing drug screening as it could actually put your board at risk from a law suit.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith, Director
Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock Street     Newberg, OR   97132
P 503-537-1256