[Libs-Or] economic value of downtown libraries

Adrienne Doman Calkins CalkinsA at SherwoodOregon.gov
Mon Feb 11 17:32:02 PST 2019

Hello Mark,

I don’t know of a study of this kind, though this study, The Economic Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Cultural Organizations and Their Audiences in Washington County, OR<http://www.tvcreates.org/arts-economic-study>, may give you some ideas.

It was part of a national survey by Arts & Economic Prosperity 5. I know it made a big impact here for how the arts are valued by local business owners. Sherwood Public Library is just a block from our Art Center, so there are some parallels to draw.

It would be amazing to have this data at our fingertips for public libraries.

Adrienne Doman Calkins
Library Manager, Sherwood Public Library
22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, OR 97140
503-625-4272  |  calkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov
www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library<http://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library>  |  Facebook<https://exchange.wccls.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=2PYgqopBB-XN5gYbgi1IxhksmcvzG5cWcErsO-WMtF8dTbvWwlfVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fsherwoodpubliclibrary> |  Monthly e-newsletter<https://exchange.wccls.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=YIpfqhqmou8a0P1_CaiAxu7szM_7I0vATQtIlsxG4sIdTbvWwlfVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.libraryaware.com%2f1690%2fSubscribers%2fSubscribe%3fshowonlynewsletterlists%3dtrue>
A member library of Washington County Cooperative Library Services