[Libs-Or] CFP: IL Summit 2019, ILAGO

Pamela Kessinger pkessing at pcc.edu
Fri Feb 22 15:11:28 PST 2019

*Frames in Action: Information Literacy Across the Curriculum*
*Information Literacy Summit*

The 13th annual ILAGO Information Literacy Summit
<https://ilago.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/ilago-summit-2019-call-for-proposals/>
will
be on Saturday May 11, 2019, at  Linn-Benton Community College in Albany,
Oregon.

Whether you have a long history working in an IL program or are engaging
with learning goals for the first time, we want to hear from you!

   - What is your experience of being a new or seasoned professional and an
   expert within the IL discipline?
   - How do you scaffold students towards understanding?
   - Challenge student learning and push them to engage in inquiry?
   - Do assessment?

*We need everyone’s expertise as practitioners*

Our theme, “Frames in Action: Information Literacy Across the Curriculum”
is to focus attention on the myriad ways in which Librarians are supporting
student practices to achieve the threshold concepts, at various levels
(K-16), of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
<http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/ilframework>

The IL Summit typically has 50+ attendees who are eager to hear new ideas
and ways to approach information literacy.

We invite a diverse range of presentations across library environments
(e.g. academic, public, school), curriculum, and/or examples of successful
collaboration between librarians and external stakeholders.

Programs can be of various formats including, for example:

   - interactive workshops,
   - guided discussions,
   - panels,
   - poster presentations

Presentations are 45 minutes each, including Q & A. Longer
programs/workshops will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if
submitting a longer proposal, please include that in the Comments field.

Program proposals will be accepted until March 31, 2019

Please submit your proposals here: ILAGO IL Summit Program Proposal
<https://goo.gl/forms/K9BhoOFLdvgafThC2>

For more information on ILAGO and updates for the Summit, check here:
https://ilago.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/ilago-summit-2019-call-for-proposals/
<https://ilago.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/ilago-summit-2019-call-for-proposals/>
We look forward to hearing from you!
Pam Kessinger
ILAGO Chair, 2018-2019

[image: ILAGO_mark (1).jpg]

*Pam KessingerDept. Chair, Library Faculty, Rock Creek campusPortland
Community College*
971-722-7051
http://www.pcc.edu/staff/pkessing

*Pronouns: she, her, hers*