[Libs-Or] Grant opportunity for small & rural libraries

Robertshaw, Brooke Brooke.Robertshaw at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 3 11:51:32 PST 2019

Hi all -
  I'm in a presentation by IMLS, and this was posted (see attached image) -> a grant opportunity for small and rural libraries. Maybe there are interested folks here?

:)
Brooke

——————————————————————
M. Brooke Robertshaw, PhD

Assistant Professor & Assessment Librarian

Oregon State University Libraries & Press

121 The Valley Library

Corvallis, OR 97331

Office: (541) 737-1780

Mobile: (541) 870-6136

brooke.robertshaw at oregonstate.edu

——————————————————————

“Algorithms don't make things fair if you just blithely,
 blindly apply algorithms. They repeat our past
 practices, our patterns. They automate the status quo.”
      ~Cathy O’Neil, TED2017

Library Liaison to the College of Education

Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR is located within the traditional
homelands of the Mary's River or Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.
Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya etc. Treaty),
Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations in Western
Oregon. Today, living descendants of these people are a part of the
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Community of Oregon
(https://www.grandronde.org <https://www.grandronde.org/>) and the Confederated Tribes of the
Siletz Indians (https://ctsi.nsn.us <https://ctsi.nsn.us/>).