[Libs-Or] Future of ALA Midwinter

ALA Chapter Councilor olachaptercouncilor at olaweb.org
Thu Jan 17 10:52:26 PST 2019

Here is a message for ALA Conference Committee Chair on the discussion of a
model for  a “new event” to replace the ALA Midwinter Meeting in 2021.
Below is the information from Clara is where Town Meetings will take place
in Seattle for those who are attending.

For those not attending, if you would like to provide some feedback please
send directly to me at mdowling at ala.org to forward on to the Conference
Committee. Thanks

Michael

Greetings Everyone,

The ALA Conference Committee has just received a potential model for a “new
event” to replace the Midwinter meeting in 2021 from Conference Services.
Our committee plans to discuss it at our meeting on Saturday, January 26,
2019 from 10:30 to 12:30 p.m. at the Convention Center, Room 3B.  I have
attached the model information.

We have also scheduled two Town Hall Meetings so the model can be discussed
more broadly than just at the ALA Conference Committee.  These Town Halls
are being held on:

   - Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Sheraton Hotel,
   Cedar Room
   - Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at the Sheraton Hotel,
   Cedar Room

Both Conference Services staff and Conference Committee members will be
present at the Town Halls.  We look forward to receiving your input.

Regards,

Clara Bohrer

ALA Conference Committee Chair
--
Danielle Jones
*Oregon Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor*