[Libs-Or] opportunity for in person training with Ryan Dowd

Jenny Berg Jenny.Berg at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Fri Jan 18 14:57:11 PST 2019

The Polk Yamhill Marion County libraries are bringing Ryan Dowd to Salem for a 5 hour training about compassionately working with the homeless on Friday, May 24.

Ryan Dowd has spent most of his career as Executive Director of a large homeless shelter outside of Chicago,
Illinois. In addition to running the shelter, Ryan trains libraries, nonprofits, police departments, hospitals and
other organizations how to work compassionately manage problematic behavior from troubled individuals. His
book, The Librarian's Guide to Homelessness was published by the American Library Association. Ryan is a
licensed attorney and has a Master's of Public Administration.

Ryan will also be available for training at another location in Oregon on Saturday, May 25 (Memorial Day weekend) or Tuesday or Wednesday, May 28 or 29. Please let me know if this might be of interest to your library organization or community and we will see what we can arrange.
Jenny

Jenny Berg
Library Director
McMinnville Public Library
503-435-5550

"If you're interested in truth, and reality, and thoughtfulness, guess what? Libraries do that."
Joe Janes, Associate Professor, Information School, University of Washington