[Libs-Or] Join ACRL-Oregon for a free webinar on library assessment on 2/27/19 from 10-11am

ACRLOR President acrlor at olaweb.org
Thu Jan 24 08:30:43 PST 2019

ACRL-Oregon is piloting offering webinars on topics relevant to academic
library workers. While this will later be a member benefit, for the pilot
period, we are opening the webinars up to any Oregon library staff who wish
to participate.

Our second webinar is entitled “Geek out, don’t freak out: How to chill out
and learn to love assessment” and will be presented by librarians Colleen
Sanders of Clackamas Community College and Meredith Farkas of Portland
Community College on Wednesday, February 27th from 10-11am Pacific.

*Geek out, don’t freak out: How to chill out and learn to love assessment*
Assessment is such a valuable tool to help learn more about our patrons,
demonstrate the value of what we do, and improve our teaching. So why is it
so difficult to build an assessment culture in library instruction
programs? Often, resistance to and anxiety about assessment come from
common causes that have been both discussed in the literature and
illustrated in our own experiences. Meredith and Colleen will talk about
their experiences working with nascent assessment programs at their
libraries, the projects they’ve worked on, and what they’ve learned from
trial and sometimes error. They will discuss ways that librarians can move
past resistance and anxiety to reap the benefits of an assessment culture.

Registration is open to any Oregon library staff, but we are limited to 100
attendees in the session, so register soon!

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/848284084394267c7510d14dfea9e911

We also plan to record the webinar and make it available to registrants
after the live broadcast.

Questions about our webinar pilot can be directed to ACRL-Oregon President
Meredith Farkas at acrlor at olaweb.org
<http://clicks.memberclicks-mail.net/wf/click?upn=hAA8NCKsUzciFBkhPKAHxDRVOpfRogKGDgyJwROxOWToTyeuuQptVZg2tWmwxlJVw4-2B2xofCqxgoHOmBbE0EJx-2FKXePJX5xLpO9t3VRm8zb3ntiIEmasWRJMLzE9ATlq_Nyn35F5Sk0o5Qm5OYjxKBUfkWMRQfySwT1TeYNzzxvRjKYdoKdtYXnuXSDwU-2FqA1vzhw-2B-2F0U-2BUA-2F14hOYew-2BkCQWPHnhOIDkmOFUgUHmXD6G8jYas4zQX3tzIOnEBJQD4Q-2FAhKaNWLh-2F1HNvTGHVFy9OniB3e2q-2FowGYNed0BQFUA6x4rXOCUw5x9Du5756QrFxv2Pf3hoS806Kedeub7s4UrxtUkg0-2FxYKz9DmyC8eFDbEGBnE7dgnHqqzG7zdIKY5y6YVuK0gn88WX-2FXB1fC5-2FAmADx3p39I3OfX1Nr7qwG5SynlM75bUTZJ2YVAPAgdYeA2y-2Bgw-2FYDjYBjMp0uw-3D-3D>
.