[Libs-Or] Free preservation education for Portland-area libraries & cultural institutions

Hannah Finegold hfinegol at g.emporia.edu
Wed Jul 3 19:20:46 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I’m a lapsed archivist who has moved almost entirely into providing
independent preservation consulting for artists and collectors. I love the
work - as a working artist myself, getting constantly invited into private
studios is a dream come true - but it was definitely not my initial
intention to move completely into the private sector. Providing a service
to the community is what drew me to LIS in the first place, and I’d like to
be foregrounding more of that intention in my professional practice.

With that in mind, I’d like to volunteer to offer free preservation
education sessions for libraries and cultural institutions as my schedule
allows. If anybody works for an organization in the close-in Portland area
that could benefit from a visit, please be in touch and I’ll add you to the
list. I hope to be able to offer a session to at least one institution a
month starting in September.

You’re welcome to contact me through this email address, or through my
current one: contact at hannahfinegold.com

Warm regards,
Hannah Finegold, MLS