[Libs-Or] Full-time, great benefits, entry level position open
karenh at wccls.org
Mon Jul 8 11:32:23 PDT 2019
The brand new Cornelius Public Library is seeking a full-time Public Services / Volunteer Coordinator (Support Specialist 2) for our small, but fast-paced public library.
If you are passionate about customer service, love to work with and motivate volunteers, and interested in learning about all aspects of library work, you are our perfect candidate!
Job Closing Date: Monday, July 15, 2019 - 4:00pm
Salary and Schedule: This is a full-time position; salary begins at $4,071 monthly with benefits. This position is eligible for a bilingual incentive. Weekends and/or evenings are required; schedule will be Sunday through Thursday. Tentative start date is August 15, 2019.
The Application Process:
Submit a completed City of Cornelius application, résumé, cover letter, and responses to the supplemental questions to recruitment at ci.cornelius.or.us<mailto:recruitment at ci.cornelius.or.us>, or to Debby Roth, City Hall, 1355 N Barlow Street, Cornelius, OR 97113 by 4:00pm, Monday, July 15, 2019. Do not submit to the library.
Applications are available online at www.ci.cornelius.or.us/jobs<http://www.ci.cornelius.or.us/jobs> and in print at the library and city hall. Please email recruitment at ci.cornelius.or.us<mailto:recruitment at ci.cornelius.or.us> or call (503) 357-9112 with questions regarding this job opening.
As Public Services / Volunteer Coordinator at the Cornelius Public Library, you will work under general supervision of librarian and be responsible for the provision of services to the public and maintenance of library materials, in addition to, coordinating the volunteer program at the library.
* Overseeing the processes of circulation services, including registration, material check in/out and assisting patrons on the use of library services and equipment.
* Oversees library physical space to assign collection maintenance tasks such as shelving, shifting and shelf-reading.
* Responsible for planning, organizing and generally overseeing the volunteer program in addition to performing daily activities within library operations.
Mandatory Requirements: Ability to provide excellent customer service in fast paced environment, engage with a diverse community, and recruit and motivate volunteers.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in the Position Description is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
* Education: A high school diploma or GED. Fluency in Spanish language desirable.
* Experience: Four years of customer service or clerical experience. Previous experience in a library with an integrated library system (ILS) desirable.
* Possession of a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Karen L. Hill | Library Director
Cornelius Public Library | City of Cornelius, All-America Award Winner
karenh at wccls.org | http://www.ci.cornelius.or.us/library
503-357-4093 (Library) | 503-992-5381 (Direct)
Follow us on Twitter @CORLibrary and Facebook: CorneliusPublicLibrary
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) | http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or