[Libs-Or] Seeking information about diverse reading lists for ALA grant-funded indexing project

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Mon Jul 15 13:27:10 PDT 2019

Apologies for cross-posting....

Hello Oregon public library folks!

If you have created and/or maintain any publicly available book lists online that speak to topics of diversity, please consider sharing them with the ALA grant-funded effort detailed below. If you have questions, please contact the Syracuse University researchers associated with the project directly (their contact info is below, also).

We are trying to reach public libraries across the United States to contribute to our indexing project List of Lists: An Index of Diversity Book Lists for Adults. This project is funded by the American Library Association's Carnegie-Whitney Grant<http://www.ala.org/aboutala/offices/publishing/sundry/alapubawrds/carnegiewhitneypast> and aims to advance the good work of diversity book lists by collecting and indexing lists into a faceted-search website where librarians and library users can search for lists organized around particular components of diversity. We seek diversity book lists, LibGuides, and similar resources for adults made between 2016 and the present that are published on the library's website. We seek reading lists that cover a wide range of diversities: indigeneity, LGBTQ+, race and ethnicity, religion, gender, aging, disability, social and economic conditions such as incarceration, immigration, and diverse family structures.

We are collecting information about the reading lists via Google form. If a library has diversity book lists, LibGuides, or similar resources publicly available online, we would greatly appreciate use of the following Google form to share this information with us:

Google form link: https://forms.gle/xpTDzK5jXq9b5HhSA  <https://forms.gle/xpTDzK5jXq9b5HhSA>

We would appreciate completion of the form by September 1, 2019. We are happy to share the index with any and all contributors upon its completion.

Thank you in advance for considering and contributing to this project. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the emails below.

Sincerely,

Sayward Schoonmaker, MLIS, Syracuse University, sschoonm at syr.edu<mailto:sschoonm at syr.edu>

Rachel Ivy Clarke, Assistant Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies, rclark01 at syr.edu<mailto:rclark01 at syr.edu>

Ross Fuqua