[Libs-Or] I Love My Librarian Award => Nominations Accepted through Oct. 21

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu Jul 25 09:41:54 PDT 2019

Please pardon the cross-posting.
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D542CD.87BC6F60]

Nominations for the I Love My Librarian Award are being accepted through October 21st. You are welcome to promote this contest in your library. How cool would it be to have another winner<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/2018/18winners> from Oregon?!

http://ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian

About the I Love My Librarian Award
"Librarians touch the lives of the people they serve every day.  The I Love My Librarian Award encourages library users like you to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians. Each year 10 librarians are selected. Each librarian receives a $5,000 cash award, a plaque, and a travel stipend to attend an awards ceremony and reception held in their honor."

Promotional Tools
The promotional tools section<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/promotional-tools> of the website has a downloadable logo and web badge, flyer, table tent, sample press release, sample social media posts, and more. Library staff could promote this in a newsletter, on their library website, near the OPACs or circulation desks, via social media feeds, etc.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
"In order to be eligible, each nominee must be a librarian with a master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association in library and information studies or a master's degree with a specialty in school library media from an educational unit accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education."

Here are some tips for creating a nomination that stands out<http://www.ilovelibraries.org/sites/default/files/ILML2018_TipsForWritingAStandoutNomination.pdf>.

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS