[Libs-Or] New title from the State Library

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Tue Jun 11 09:22:29 PDT 2019

Greetings!

This new book is available for interlibrary loan from the State Library of Oregon. It is part of the Library and Information Science Collection<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/LIS-Collection.aspx>, which is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act.

Developing a Residency Program: A Practical Guide for Librarians<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fSD_ILS$002f0$002fSD_ILS:1517550/one?qu=Rutledge%2C+Lorelei%2C+1985-> by Lorelei Rutledge. Rowman & Littlefield, 2019. 978-1-5381-1695-1

[https://rowman.com/L/15/381/9781538116951.jpg]From the publisher:
Library residency programs can be a great opportunity for early-career librarians to learn on-the-job-skills, determine their interests in librarianship, and develop a valuable career network. Likewise, such programs benefit the profession, the hosting organizations, and other organizational stakeholders.

Developing a Residency Program: A Practical Guide for Librarians draws together scholarly literature, best practices, and the experiences of the authors and their contributors to provide practical advice about how to develop and manage a library residency program. [Read more...<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538116951/Developing-a-Residency-Program-A-Practical-Guide-for-Librarians>]

If you would like to request these or other materials<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/> from the State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process (e.g. OCLC or ALA request form). If you do not have access to ILL or are not currently affiliated with a library, please contact me to discuss alternative options for borrowing the material.

We welcome purchase suggestions. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. Contact me with your recommendations!

Cheers!
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]