[Libs-Or] upcoming National Network of Libraries of Medicine free webinars

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Thu Jun 13 08:25:33 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine has a few upcoming webinars that may be of interest to you and your colleagues.

The Next PNR Rendezvous<https://nnlm.gov/classes/pnr-rendezvous> webinar session will be focusing on the Public Library Association (PLA) health insurance education initiative. Libraries Connecting You to Coverage, is part of a national partnership made possible by funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Community Catalyst.  This webinar will help public library staff better understand the importance of health insurance literacy, how to promote accurate health information and resources, and how to develop partnerships to advocate for a healthy community. In addition, two librarians will also provide their perspectives and tell us about their involvement with this PLA initiative.

Webinar session title: Libraries Connecting You to Coverage

When: Wednesday, June 19 at 1:00 p.m. PT

Presenters:

  *   Leighann Wood, Program Manager, Public Library Association
  *   Marina Rose, Adult Services Librarian, Caldwell Public Library (ID)
  *   Anne Bramblett, Assistant Director of Public Services, Austin Public Library (TX)
  *   Registration is encouraged but not required. Information to join the session is provided on the webinar session webpage<https://nnlm.gov/class/pnr-rendezvous-libraries-connecting-you-coverage/9781>.

Everyone is encouraged to attend the live session but it will also be recorded and posted for viewing soon in a few days.

________________________________

Are you confused about all the topics under the umbrella of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
Are you overwhelmed by all things swirling around in our world today?
Are you ready to have less frustrating conversations?

Then please join us for the webinar series: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Nine Conversations that Matter to Health Sciences Librarians with Jessica Pettitt<https://nnlm.gov/classes/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-nine-conversations-matter-health-sciences-librarians-jessica> includes both internal and external dialogues about our similarities and our differences. Each webinar will showcase examples across various subordinated and marginalized inter-sectional identities as well as give us all time to reflect, organize, and do our own work in claiming responsibility for our privileges and full lived experiences.
An Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL), the Medical Library Association (MLA), and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) webinar collaboration

Save the DATES!

First session is June 19, "Diversity & Social Justice: A Starting Place":
Unlike other online diversity trainings, this course introduces the concepts that you can utilize in your own life immediately. Regardless of each your identities and lived experiences, the concept of how we coexist, interact, and impact one another is imperative to build better teams, better connections, and deeper relationships.
Spend an hour, reflecting on how you fit into the conversation of diversity. Coming to terms with our own unique positive and negative bias as well as how that intersects with our responsibility of perception and sense of entitlement to validation is the foundation of social justice work. Our experiences, choices, and impact, both intentional and unintentional, matter. This is the starting place. Register for this first session<https://nnlm.gov/class/diversity-social-justice-starting-place/13108>

Go to the website for more information about future webinars in the series and to register<https://nnlm.gov/classes/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-nine-conversations-matter-health-sciences-librarians-jessica>
August 21 : Unconscious Bias: Perceptions of Self & Others
October 16 : Being a Better Ally to All
November 13 : Working Across Difference: Making Better Connections
January 22, 2020 : That's Not Funny! Or is it?
March 18, 2020 : Knowing what you don't know: Medical Micro-aggressions
May 13, 2020 : I am ... Safe Zones: Sticks and Stones LGBTQA 101
July 15, 2020 : I am ... Safe Zone: Gender This!
August 12, 2020 : I am ... Safe Zone: Messages I Learned
.
Save the TIME: 9:00 a.m. PT | 8:00 a.m. Alaska |10:00 a.m. MT
All Webinars will be broadcast at the above time. Each webinar is 60 minutes.

Registration is encouraged. All sessions will be recorded and made available on the website.

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP | Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
206-221-3449
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>