[Libs-Or] FW: Save the Date! ACRL WA Conference Oct 24-25

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Tue Jun 25 14:17:32 PDT 2019

From: acrl-nw-bounces at lists.wsu.edu [mailto:acrl-nw-bounces at lists.wsu.edu] On Behalf Of Reed Garber-Pearson
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:13 PM
To: acrl-nw at lists.wsu.edu
Subject: [Acrl-nw] Save the Date! ACRL WA Conference Oct 24-25

SAVE THE DATE!

Our conference theme this year is Whiteness and Racism in Academic Libraries: Dismantling Structures of Oppression. This will be a space for library workers from across the region to come together in conversation to openly acknowledge the ways that whiteness and racism are supported in our libraries, and strategies for practicing anti-racism across the breadth of our work.

As we plan for the conference, we will be updating our new conference planning blog<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__acrlwa.org_2019JointConferenceBlog&d=DwMGaQ&c=C3yme8gMkxg_ihJNXS06ZyWk4EJm8LdrrvxQb-Je7sw&r=z0rr0SiNBDBzhvfhoVBX4sCPIQ7aHETqnhMvkmnO-3U&m=W2W2uUL4Wv0Qa9ncED3KcDJeDvq-ujBeuXg2aJVzOJY&s=bUFfcLrRQ6GM-OLQigFiLq2DUiEaRuCEyNapp3mssqs&e=> so that you know how and why decisions are being made.
Call for Proposals soon to come!

ACRL WA-OR Joint Fall Conference
Whiteness and Racism in Academic Libraries: Dismantling Structures of Oppression
October 24-25, 2019
Center for Sustainable Forestry at Pack Forest, Eatonville WA

http://acrlwa.org/2019JointConferenceBlog<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__acrlwa.org_2019JointConferenceBlog&d=DwMGaQ&c=C3yme8gMkxg_ihJNXS06ZyWk4EJm8LdrrvxQb-Je7sw&r=z0rr0SiNBDBzhvfhoVBX4sCPIQ7aHETqnhMvkmnO-3U&m=W2W2uUL4Wv0Qa9ncED3KcDJeDvq-ujBeuXg2aJVzOJY&s=bUFfcLrRQ6GM-OLQigFiLq2DUiEaRuCEyNapp3mssqs&e=>

Questions or comments? Don’t hesitate to contact me or any other board member.
---
Reed Garber-Pearson
ACRL Washington President-Elect
president at acrlwa.org