[Libs-Or] DEADLINE EXTENDED - NWILL Call for Proposals

Summer Steele steeles at ohsu.edu
Sun Mar 3 21:26:20 PST 2019

**With customary apologies for cross-posting**

Mark your calendars!

The 18th annual Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference will take place September 12-13 2019, at PCC - Sylvania in Portland, Oregon.  Look for registration opening sometime in April 2019.

The deadline for proposals has been extended to March 15, 2019

Our Keynote speaker this year will be Nancy Pearl, the well-known Seattle-based librarian, literary critic, author, and action-figure.

Call for Session Proposals

The NWILL Conference Program Committee invites proposals for lightning rounds (7 minutes) and regular sessions (45 minutes) of interest to interlibrary loan and resource sharing practitioners.

The following topics are of interest to the Program Committee and have been requested by previous attendees, and we welcome proposals on other topics as well:

*         ILL for public, small, and special libraries

*         Copyright & licensing

*         Marketing ILL

*         ILL 101

*         Collaborating (between departments or other libraries)

*         Leadership skills, such as "managing up" and student management

*         Succession planning

*         ILL through the years

*         Serving diverse populations

*         Improving the user experience

*         International borrowing & lending (IFLA vouchers, postage, etc)

NEW THIS YEAR!

Would you like to be involved in a panel discussion?  Can you do a 5 - 7 minute presentation on a topic below and feel comfortable answering questions or leading a discussion with a group of 3 - 5 other people?  Let us know!

*         ILLiad, Tipasa, WSILL, and other alternatives

*         Innovations and trends

*         ILL workflows

*         Consortial borrowing

*         Other - Feel free to suggest a topic!  If enough are submitted on a single topic we'll consider additional panels!

Those whose proposals are accepted will receive free or discounted registration.
Submit your proposals here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScl-3l_vWuf6zRC4_QtIP2uH894XhAXgIUp4ocS-UM1fanycw/viewform> - Extended deadline for proposals is March 15, 2019