[Libs-Or] Wifi Hotspots

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Tue Mar 19 10:38:36 PDT 2019

We're prepping our wifi hotspots for circulation, and I'm curious if any libraries in Oregon allow wifi hotspot checkouts to minors? One of the reasons we're excited to have them is to assist in bridging the digital divide for a lot of kids who lack internet access at home -- but we're also requiring anyone who checks out the hotspot to sign something agreeing to be responsible for the cost, and I don't know that we can have kids younger than 18 signing off.

[LC-CircularLogo-Color-email]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
LIBRARY DIRECTOR

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996.1251  |  E: kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
W: Driftwoodlib.org | W: LincolnCity.org