[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Reference/Instruction Librarian in Merced, CA

Joey Merritt joey.merritt at mccd.edu
Wed Mar 20 10:27:12 PDT 2019

Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students with room to expand on its 267 acre main campus and 120 acre Los Baños site. Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.

The Learning Resources Center (LRC) is the home of the Merced College Library. The LRC provides research and instructional resources for Merced College students, faculty, staff and administration. Our big bright library is one of the most dynamic and inviting areas on campus with 64+ computers, lots of study rooms, meeting rooms, lots of quiet study space and a dedicated library instruction room.  As part of our mission, the Library provides instructional materials and media to support the curriculum of the college and provides for the research and instructional needs of our students in collaboration with discipline faculty.  We have an active reference desk and lots of opportunities to be part of the college community.  Distance Education is part of the LRC and we are extending our online education including OER and other new instructional technologies.  This position has the opportunity to deliver innovative instruction to our students and we want to welcome your new ideas.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2385804-0/reference-librarian-librarian

[Merced_College]

Joey Merritt
Assessment and Planning Librarian
3600 M Street, Merced CA 95348
(209) 384-6283 | joey.merritt at mccd.edu<mailto:joey.merritt at mccd.edu>

The Contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

This email has been scanned by a Spam/Virus Firewall. If your email has been classified as Spam please contact the HelpDesk at (209) 384-6180.