[Libs-Or] PBS BOOKS LAUNCHES A NATIONAL LIBRARY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM AFTER LISTENING TO THE VOICES OF LIBRARIES ACROSS THE COUNTRY

Heather-Marie Montilla hmontilla at pbsbooks.org
Thu Mar 28 18:50:55 PDT 2019

Dear Librarians of Oregon,

I am pleased to share with you the PBS Books Announcement about our
national Library Engagement Program following a new nationwide survey.  The
survey reveals a strong interest among libraries in digital and other
content that fosters an interest in reading and connects their communities
to the world of authors and literature. The Library Engagement Survey was
conducted by PBS Books, which since 2014 has engaged a national audience in
unique book-related experiences, from coverage of national book festivals
to interviews with the world’s most important authors, which spark a
curiosity in and a lifelong love of reading and learning.

The survey was part of the PBS Books’ Library Engagement Program, a new
national initiative sponsored by the John S. and James L. Knight
Foundation, to build and enhance working relationships between libraries
and their local PBS stations around the love of books and reading.

To determine the best way to serve libraries nationwide, PBS Books held a
dozen interviews with librarians in late 2018, and then developed a Library
Engagement Stakeholder Survey. The survey received an overwhelming
response; nearly 1,000 library personnel from 44 states and Washington,
D.C. participated in a survey.

The results are clear; libraries are eager to take advantage of PBS Books
programs and trust PBS Books as a partner. To learn more about the survey
results and Library Engagement programs developed based on the feedback
from the survey.  Click here
<http://www.pbs.org/book-view-now/blogs/news/2019/03/27/pbs-books-launches-a-national-library-engagement-program/>
or
visit: pbsbooks.org.

For questions, email me at hmontilla at pbsbooks.org.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of some of the programs that we are
offering our Library Partners. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Heather-Marie
Heather-Marie Montilla
Library Bureau Chief