[Libs-Or] New program idea: LEGO Designer Grant Davis

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Sat May 4 14:44:06 PDT 2019

Today our library hosted LEGO Designer Grant Davis to talk about his experience designing a pop-up book for LEGO that is currently for sale. Grant is a sophomore Engineering student at George Fox University, and resides near Oregon City when he's not in school. He had a fantastic hour long program with slides of his LEGO creations. We promoted this as a program for students and adults and we had a full room of both on a sunny Oregon Saturday. His fee was extremely reasonable. If you are interested in a program for your library you can contact him at: gdavis16 at georgefox.edu<mailto:gdavis16 at georgefox.edu>
Here's a video of Grant: www.koin.com/news/oregon/george-fox-student-s-lego-design-becomes-reality/1664994804<http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/george-fox-student-s-lego-design-becomes-reality/1664994804>

Thanks,
Korie

Korie Jones Buerkle
Assistant Library Director | Children's Librarian
Newberg Public Library
Office: 503 554 7734 | Children's Desk: 503 537 0304
She, her, hers