[Libs-Or] Sensory hour

Hearn, Shaun Shaun.Hearn at corvallisoregon.gov
Sun May 26 12:01:22 PDT 2019

Hello,

Corvallis Public wants to offer at least one sensory hour per month. I would like to hear from other libraries who have done similar things. How did you go about it? How did you promote it? How was the response?

We are planning to open an hour early on a Sunday leaving some lights down and using easels in the lobby to let patrons know the entire building is a designated quiet zone for that hour. I would also like to offer some training for staff about Sensory Processing Disorder. If you have done something like this or if you have programmed with sensory challenges in mind, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you,

Shaun

Shaun Hearn
Circulation Supervisor
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
645 NW Monroe Ave
Corvallis, OR 97330
541.766.6960

Enrich|Excite|Explore

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)