[Libs-Or] protocol for minors using the computers

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Thu Nov 21 16:46:35 PST 2019

We decided about eight years ago to loosen up our computer policy and bring it in line with how we handle other library materials and minors. This is what our policy now says:

" Internet Access by Your Minor Child

The Library upholds the right of each individual to have access to constitutionally protected material. The Library also affirms the right and responsibility of parents and guardians to determine and monitor their child's use of library materials and resources. The Library encourages parents to inform their child of materials they do not want them to use, and to supervise their child's Internet sessions, regardless of the child's age. The Library also offers computers in the Children's area that are pre-loaded with learning games and that do not have access to the Internet."

[dwsquare2]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101 Ste 201  |  Lincoln City, OR