[Libs-Or] Guidelines for homebound delivery volunteers?

Christy Davis christy.davis at ccrls.org
Thu Nov 21 17:01:49 PST 2019

Our homebound delivery is starting to grow and with that growth comes new
volunteers. We would like to make some official policies about protocol and
code of conduct for these important but uncompensated library
representatives. They perform tasks for and thus represent the library -
and yet our eyes are not on them as they do this work outside our walls.
Our library needs to formalize its agreement with the folks who are
literally carrying our materials and services to the homebound. If any
public libraries have a similar volunteer-driven homebound program, and
would be willing to share policies, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Christy Davis, Director
Silver Falls Library District
410 S Water St. Silverton, OR 97381