[Libs-Or] OLA Annual Conference 2020 - seeking presenters for preconference on EDI in tech services (TSRT)

Amy Mihelich AMihelich at wccls.org
Thu Sep 19 09:53:49 PDT 2019

Hello Oregon library community!
The OLA Technical Services Round Table (TSRT)<https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322> is developing a Pre-conference proposal for the 2020 annual conference and we're looking for presenters to help us.  The overarching topic of the program is "Building Capacity for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Technical Services".
We're looking for a variety of presenters and presentation styles - lecture, panel, un-conference, facilitated discussion, etc.
Examples of topics we're interested in:

*         Accessibility

*         diversity audits for collections

*         specialized vs generalized collection development

*         ethics and authority control or controlled vocabularies (subject headings)

*         how to communicate about diversity through cataloging

*         local practices to make collections more accessible

*         training about ethics and EDI in tech services
But if you have an idea that isn't listed here, we're all ears!

Never presented at a conference before? I've been there!  This is a wonderful group to work with and you'll get support through the whole process.
Not a member of TSRT or OLA?  Totally fine!
No previous experience but have a topic that you've been wanting to research?  That's great!
Are you a recent or soon-to-be library school grad?   Not currently working in tech services?  We want to hear from you, too!

If you would like to help us build this pre-conference - or if you just want to know more about it - please email me: amihelich at wccls.org<mailto:amihelich at wccls.org>
Thank you!
-Amy Mihelich
Technical Services Round Table Chair 2019-2020

Amy Mihelich
Cataloging Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services - Automation
111 NE Lincoln St., Suite 230-L, MS58
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
(503) 846-3230 | amihelich at wccls.org
www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>
She/her/hers

Currently reading: Will my cat eat my eyeballs? Big questions from tiny mortals about death<https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/v2/search?query=will+my+cat+eat+my+eyeballs+doughty&searchType=smart> by Caitlin Doughty