[Libs-Or] FW: Libros for Oregon: cancelled for 2020

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu Apr 9 16:24:26 PDT 2020

From: Gitlitz, Deborah [mailto:gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 4:08 PM
To: Libs-Or <libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; Kids-lib <kids-lib-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>; reforma_or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Libros for Oregon: cancelled for 2020

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi all,

In case you were wondering about the status of Libros for Oregon<https://librosfororegon.wixsite.com/home> this year: like other organizations, we will need to alter our plans for 2020. There are too many uncertainties with libraries, travel, and the FIL right now for LfO<https://www.facebook.com/Libros4Oregon/> to recruit and prepare a 2020 cohort to buy books at the Guadalajara Book Fair (the FIL<https://www.fil.com.mx/ingles/i_info/i_info_fil.asp>). For now we will turn our energies to supporting one another in outreach; curating information and resources; and other ways to help our communities thrive in these interesting times. We look forward to resuming our Spanish-language collection-building adventures for Oregon libraries in 2021. Keep well, all.

-- Deborah and the LfO team<https://librosfororegon.wixsite.com/home/administration>

Deborah Gitlitz<mailto:gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org>
Community Outreach Librarian |  Bibliotecaria comunitaria

Wilsonville Public Library<https://www.wilsonvillelibrary.org/lib/> |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/WilsonvilleLibrary/>

Chair, Libros for Oregon<https://librosfororegon.wixsite.com/home>

Typical schedule Mon, Tues, Thurs

Pronouns: she/her

503.570.1582

Disclosure Notice: Despite the public closure of our facilities, the City of Wilsonville remains open for business. We have adjusted operations to efficiently maintain core City services with social distancing guidelines in place. Our goal is to remain responsive to our customers while prioritizing the health and safety of our residents, co-workers and partners in business. Need to meet? Let us know. We are happy to schedule a call or teleconference.