[Libs-Or] Free ACRL-OR webinar this coming Thursday -- register now!!

Candise Branum cbranum at ocom.edu
Tue Aug 18 10:27:32 PDT 2020

Just a reminder that ACRL-Oregon is hosting a free webinar this coming
Thursday: *Open student work with a safety net: student knowledge
production and student rights in open environments*. Registration is open
to any library staff-person, but we are limited to 100 attendees in the
session, so register soon!  We also plan to record the webinar and make it
available on our YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqfWF4niwtaeIAhLwNUHPA>. If you
register, we will email you a link to the recording after the session.

REGISTRATION <https://forms.gle/3rFbsTejMBBuz5dY7>

-----
ACRL-Oregon offers free webinars on topics relevant to academic library
staff. Our upcoming webinar is *Open student work with a safety net:
student knowledge production and student rights in open environments*,
presented by Alyssa Berger, Danielle Rowland, Denise Hattwig, Laura Dimmit
Smyth, and Penelope Wood from the University of Washington Bothell/Cascadia
College Campus Library on *Thursday, August 20th at 11AM PST*.

*Open Student Work with a Safety Net: Student Knowledge Production and
Student Rights in Open Environments*

Working in open environments enables faculty and librarians to support
students as knowledge producers and surface their diverse, often
under-represented voices. Assignments created using open pedagogy can
broaden the audience and impact of student work. But how do students feel
about working openly? How can faculty and librarians support and advocate
for students in open environments? This panel will share faculty, student,
and librarian experiences with creating and supporting open student work.
This includes the creation of a Statement on Student Rights in open
environments, which centers student agency and encourages informed
participation in open contexts.

*Outcomes: *

   -

   Attendees will recognize how open pedagogy can further develop student
   agency and an understanding of themselves as participants in knowledge
   creation.
   -

   Attendees will evaluate opportunities and challenges that arise from
   open assignments and syllabi, including those related to privacy and
   intellectual property.
   -

   Attendees will reflect on their own institutional contexts in order to
   identify opportunities for deeper engagement with open pedagogy and
   advocating for student rights.

REGISTER <https://forms.gle/3rFbsTejMBBuz5dY7>

Questions about our webinars can be directed to ACRL-Oregon President
Candise Branum at acrlor at olaweb.org.

*Candise Branum*
Director of Library Services
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
503-253-3443 x134 <(503)%20253-3443>   |   75 NW Couch Street, Portland, OR
97209
<https://maps.google.com/?q=75+NW+Couch+Street,+Portland,+OR+97209&entry=gmail&source=g>
|   library.ocom.edu

*Pronouns: She, her, hers**Want to donate? Check out our book wishlist
<http://a.co/7TjGlRX>*