[Libs-Or] Upcoming Infopeople Webinars

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Wed Aug 26 12:11:07 PDT 2020

Greetings!

Save the dates for the following three free webinars from Infopeople!

NEW! Tuesday, September 15, 2020 @noon Pacific
Workforce Development Strategies for Recovery and Resilience: A California Libraries Learn Webinar and Discussion<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=932&reset=1>
Hosted by Infopeople
Presented by: Ryan O'Grady

This webinar examines practical strategies that libraries across the country are using to support job seekers in the community. We will look at resources within libraries as well as partnerships to help support workforce resiliency. We will also examine tools for you to create a systematic plan for your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:

  *   Feel more confident in their ability to help job seekers in their community.
  *   Learn three examples of how other libraries nationwide are helping jobseekers address their needs through recovery.
  *   Consider the creation of a systematic action plan for workforce resiliency and the future of work.

This webinar will be of interest to: library staff and information organization professionals
For a complete description and to REGISTER NOW: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=932&reset=1

This project is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 @noon Pacific
Towards a Mindful Practice in Library Work<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=924&reset=1>
Presented by:  Mimosa Shah and Beck Tench

In this webinar, you will learn about mindfulness from a practitioner (Mimosa Shah) and a scholar (Beck Tench) who have spent the last five years collaborating on how to practice mindfulness in libraries with integrity and resilience. We will move beyond the common understandings and examples of mindfulness, looking from both a critical and optimistic points-of-view. We will discuss what mindfulness is, why we might practice it, and how to do so, with a special focus on library-specific issues.

At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:

  *   Understand the mindfulness movement across history and wisdom traditions
  *   Understand the varied reasons why we might practice mindfulness and what the consequences of those practices might be
  *   Gain exposure to the wide range of mindfulness activities, including ideas about how to create their own
  *   Consider mindfulness from scholarly and practitioner perspectives

This webinar will be of interest to: all library workers that have a curiosity/tendency towards mindfulness.

For a complete description and to REGISTER NOW: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=924&reset=1

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 @noon Pacific
Helping Students Succeed During COVID-19: A California Libraries Learn Webinar and Discussion<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=928&reset=1>
Hosted by Infopeople
Presented by: Cindy Mediavilla

This webinar will examine how public libraries across the country are helping students, their parents, and teachers succeed in the new world of distance learning. We will look at popular educational websites and reading resources as well as examples of videos designed to help Spanish-language speakers access the library's resources. We will also discuss how one library continues to provide class visits during stay-at-home and will learn about "pandemic pods." We will even share how some libraries are helping families deal with food insecurity due to school closures.

At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:

  *   Feel more confident in their ability to help students, parents, and teachers succeed in a distance learning environment.
  *   Learn how other public libraries nationwide are helping students, parents, and teachers succeed in a distance learning environment.
  *   Consider this current crisis as an opportunity to work more closely with teachers and schools.

This webinar will be of interest to: all public library staff who work with students, families and teachers

For a complete description and to REGISTER NOW: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=928&reset=1
This project is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.

Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on the announcement page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.

Questions? Please contact:
Gini Ambrosino
Infopeople Project Assistant
916-690-6595
assist at Infopeople.org<mailto:assist at Infopeople.org>
https://infopeople.org

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D5DB5B.50C9D890]