[Libs-Or] New post on Librarians with Spines Website

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:22:55 PDT 2020

> *There has been an awakening on Instagram this year--a political, social,
> and historical awakening that is helping to change thinking about race,
> racism, activism, social justice and more. The beautiful thing about this
> awakening is that it is being led by BIPOC. One of the most prominent
> accounts to follow on instagram is @BIPOC_in_LIS! This account brings
> together so many issues of people who are oppressed--not only in LIS and
> libraries, but also in education and in general society. Every day I am
> moved by her posts and also learn from them. @BIPOC_in_LIS can be thought
> of as a clearinghouse of information related to BIPOC in libraries.
> @BIPOC_in_LIS goes beyond BIPOC and posts about all sorts of oppressed
> groups and intersections! *

You can read more here
<https://www.librarianswithspines.com/post/bipoc_in_lis-speaking-truth-to-power-one-instagram-post-at-a-time>
.

Respectfully,

Max Macias

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>

Twitter feed: