[Libs-Or] PLA conference session and free National Network of Libraries of Medicine webinar

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Tue Feb 11 09:13:08 PST 2020

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to highlight a couple of educational opportunities with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM).

First is a free webinar:
The Ten Most Frequently Asked Questions about Genetic Testing: Advertising for DNA testing companies proliferates the media these days, but many individuals spit or swab, but then wonder how to get beyond their ethnicity results. The first questions usually asked regarding genetic testing are: "Where should I test?" and "I got my results, now what?" We will explore these questions and more in this presentation as an introduction to the world of DNA and interpreting test results. Our presenter is Jill Morelli who is a certified genealogist and is president of the Seattle Genealogical Society. Join the PNR Rendezvous February 19 at 1:00 p.m. PT. Unable to attend? The session will be recorded and accessible on the PNR Rendezvous webpage<https://nnlm.gov/classes/pnr-rendezvous>. Learn more and Register<https://nnlm.gov/class/pnr-rendezvous-ten-most-frequently-asked-questions-about-genetic-testing/19576>

At the PLA 2020 conference:

Free Workshop for NNLM Members. Are you traveling to PLA 2020 in Nashville, TN. Come to our NNLM-sponsored workshop on cultural humility!

Title: Engaging with the Community: Learning and Applying the Essentials of Cultural Humility to Improve Health Information Outreach