[Libs-Or] Upcoming OSU Wikipedia Editathons

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:35:00 PST 2020

Hello all!

Tomorrow OSU will host our first of two upcoming Wikipedia editathons. If you would like to participate remotely in tomorrow’s PNW African American history editathon, please see our meetup page<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/OregonStateUniversity/AfricanAmericanHistory2020> for more information.

-------------------
On Friday, February 28th and Friday, March 13th, OSU Libraries and Press, in partnership with the non-profit AfroCROWD<https://www.facebook.com/afroCROWD/>, Educational Opportunity Program--Advancing Academic Equity for Student Success<https://studentaffairs.oregonstate.edu/AAESS> at OSU, and Diversity & Cultural Engagement <https://dce.oregonstate.edu/> at OSU (Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center and the Hattie Redmond Women & Gender Center), will be hosting our second and third Wikipedia Editathons in the Valley Library. All are invited! https://guides.library.oregonstate.edu/editathons2020

Friday, February 28th, 2-5 pm: Writing (PNW) African American History into Wikipedia
Friday, March 13th, 2-5 pm: Writing (PNW) Women’s History into Wikipedia

What is an editathon? Watch this short video for more information: https://youtu.be/pbSaPf-9B6Q

On location events will begin promptly at 2:00. Pre-registration<https://guides.library.oregonstate.edu/editathons2020> is required because space is limited. We will start with several short presentations by community members, including Kim Moreland of the Oregon Black Pioneers<http://www.oregonblackpioneers.org/blog/home/>. OSU Librarians will then provide a short training for all newcomers. Drinks and refreshments will be provided.

Please, contact Laurie.Bridges at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Laurie.Bridges at oregonstate.edu> if there are any questions. We look forward to seeing you at this fun event!

Laurie Bridges, Diana Park, Tiah-Edmunson Morton
OSU Libraries & Press

Note: Last year, at our first-ever editathon, 6,000 words were added to Wikipedia in three hours. The topic: African-American history in the Pacific Northwest.

Laurie Bridges
Instruction and Outreach Librarian / Associate Professor
Oregon State University
OSU Libraries and Press
+1.541.737.8821

Library liaison to:
School of Language, Culture, and Society
School of Arts and Communication
INTO OSU