[Libs-Or] Bag ban questions

Elena Gleason Elena.Gleason at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Mon Jan 6 12:57:24 PST 2020

We stopped offering plastic bags to patrons in August 2018, and replaced that option with circulating sturdy canvas totes (in addition to those available for sale from our Friends). This has been hugely successful for us! Since they were introduced, tote bags have circulated 4518 times across our two locations. Some do go missing, but for us it’s worth the cost of ordering additional bags when needed.

Elena Gleason | Interim Collection Development Supervisor | Pronouns: she/her
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library
voicemail 503-615-6500 x2327 | email Elena.Gleason at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:Elena.Gleason at hillsboro-oregon.gov>
www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library> | Follow us on Twitter @HillsboroLib<https://twitter.com/HillsboroLib> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/HillsboroPublicLibrary>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS)  http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>
My work week is Sunday through Thursday