[Libs-Or] Annual Reminder: Library Support Communication Channels

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Jan 7 12:57:24 PST 2020

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi,

As you probably know, Library Support and Development is one of the divisions at the State Library. Here's an annual reminder about Library Support's primary communication channels outside of direct emails and phone calls.

*         Electronic Mailing Lists
We primarily use our electronic mailing lists for announcements related to Library Support programs and initiatives and to share about library opportunities and news. Some lists are one-way only or closed; some are specific to programs - like Answerland, OSLIST, and OR-SRP (Summer Reading Program); and others are for library directors based on library type. We also offer a few Oregon library discussion lists that anyone may choose to subscribe to - like Libs-Or, Kids-Lib, and OYAN. Details and subscription options are provided on our Email Discussion and Announcement Lists<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/Email-Lists.aspx> webpage.

*         Social Media
Library Support staff used to post to our own Facebook and Twitter pages, but as of a year ago, we only post to the main State Library of Oregon's social media pages. That includes Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> - especially to remind about opportunities, deadlines, and the LIS Collection and to share about our visits to Oregon libraries. Staff from the Talking Books<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/print-disabilities/Pages/default.aspx> and Government Services<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/state-employees/Pages/default.aspx> divisions post to those social media channels as well. We also have Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> and Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/StateLibraryOR/> pages that mostly relate to State Library collections and history.

*         State Library Newsletter
The State Library publishes a monthly newsletter, Letters to Libraries Online (LTLO), and Library Support staff usually contribute articles as another way to share information about our programs or activities. The newsletter gets posted to Libs-Or and on the State Library website on the Library News<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/Pages/Library-News.aspx> webpage.

*         Library Support Section of State Library Website
A section of the State Library's website is devoted to Library Support and Development Services<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/default.aspx>. Here you can find information about all of our programs and initiatives, our contact information<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/Contact.aspx>, and more.

If you have questions about this email or anything we do in Library Support, please ask. We love hearing from you.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]