[Libs-Or] REFORMA OR OLA Annual Conference Scholarship
CrystalG at wccls.org
Tue Jan 7 15:39:44 PST 2020
REFORMA OR wants you to attend the 2020 OLA Conference in Bend! The theme of this year's conference is Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion.
Deadline: February 15th
For: Oregon library staff & volunteers
How many: 2
How much: $550/awardee
The REFORMA OR conference scholarship will cover the cost of registration for the full conference (Thursday April, 30 - Saturday, May 2). Remaining funds may be used to help offset the cost lodging, travel, pre-conference sessions or other conference-related expenses. This year, REFORMA OR will be awarding two scholarships.
* Must be employed as a library staff or a volunteer who actively serves their local Latinx communities in Oregon.
* Not an MLS/MLIS student
* Should be a member of OLA, including the Reforma Oregon Roundtable (RORT), or become a member before registering for the conference.
Applicants with the following attributes may receive preference for the award
* Person who might not have their library's financial support to attend on their own
* First time OLA attendees
* Potential impact/benefit for the Latinx community at their home library locations
* Complete the REFORMA OR Conference Scholarship Application<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fbit.ly%2fREFORMAOR&c=E,1,TExoZeSyhcUoLJ1cuPvnW7F3p6sAlt3xqx7M6gnRKa5X4Hk4ntqcPaCG-FoK5IkO9Z78fhs_rRVXIoPtxMzD0ybja6pt9cwaw7IsrjkNfg,,&typo=1>. The application includes the following short answer essay question: "How do you expect attending the 2020 OLA Annual Conference will contribute toward your work in providing diverse, equitable, and inclusive library services to your local Latinx community?" (max 400 words)
Awardee Tasks Post Conference
* Become a member of the national REFORMA organization<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.reforma.org%2findex.asp&c=E,1,l2T6PD-mI4zeZhehfW_fQ9mfq7_jiUijfTPhm2E12An9ElEAdo8nBOclk4xu0kesuBejdAPs13s_cbT3435m16hec9uNnI2Y68ASziLDRL8ANOAX&typo=1>, if not already a member.
* Write a brief report considering the overall experience of the OLA Conference, including information regarding the ability of the conference to meet the expectations expressed in the awardee's short answer essay question. This report is due by May 31, 2020 and will be posted via the REFORMA OR blog.
* The awardee must complete the form for the REFORMA OR featured librarian blog post.
* The awardee must give a brief presentation at one of the four REFORMA OR meetings held during the 2020-2021 fiscal year regarding their conference experience as well as how they applied the knowledge learned to serve their local Latinx community. The awardee may attend and present virtually if unable to commute to the meeting.
* Applications are due by February 15th. Successful applicants will be informed by February 20th. The awardees will be registered for the conference by an award committee member before the early bird deadline.
* Apply at http://bit.ly/REFORMAOR<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fbit.ly%2fREFORMAOR&c=E,1,ugEWf7zKUSOeonnyz2RHuf_T437wCvrOjD-NTcfPSA5djrRSFS4HPzyegfqi5As1YyiMUdV2vQz2HGlKMu5NhvKYg-I3X20ZT2OSmgQbAaeqPAT8nS0,&typo=1>
REFORMA OR expresses thanks to all that apply!
Crystal Garcia|Adult Services Librarian
Sherwood Public Library<http://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library>
22560 SW Pine Street|Sherwood, Oregon 97140
crystalg at wccls.org<mailto:crystalg at wccls.org>|(503) 625-6688
Please note that my work week is Sunday - Thursday
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or