[Libs-Or] 2020 Rise Top 10 books (Formerly Amelia Bloomer Project)

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:11:26 PST 2020

2020 Rise: A Feminist Book Project Top Ten
<https://ameliabloomer.wordpress.com/2020/01/27/2020-rise-a-feminist-book-project-top-ten/>
Posted by kelseykeyes
<https://ameliabloomer.wordpress.com/author/kelseykeyes/>
https://ameliabloomer.wordpress.com/2020/01/27/2020-rise-a-feminist-book-project-top-ten/

The 2020 Rise: A Feminist Book Project committee selected the following
titles, listed in alphabetical order by author’s last name, as our Top Ten.
The complete list of titles will be available later this week.

   - Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
   - What Do You Do With a Voice Like That? The Story of Extraordinary
   Congresswoman Barbara Jordan by Chris Barton, Illustrated by Ekua Holmes
   - Rise! From Caged Bird to Poet of the People, Maya Angelou by Bethany
   Hegedus, Illustrated by Tonya Engel
   - We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mjia
   - The Proudest Blue: A Story of Hijab and Family by Ibtihaj Muhammad
   with S.K. Ali, Illustrated by Hatem Aly
   - A Boy Like You by Frank Murphy, Illustrated by Kayla Harren
   - Forward Me Back to You by Mitali Perkins
   - Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All by Laura Ruby
   - At the Mountain’s Base by Traci Sorell, Illustrated by Weshoyot Alvitre
   - Surviving the City, Vol. 1 by Tasha Spillett and Natasha Donovan

--
*Diedre Conkling*
*diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou