[Libs-Or] 2020 Northwest ILL Conference Registration Open! - Reminder with Q&A

Summer Steele steeles at ohsu.edu
Fri Jul 31 16:55:15 PDT 2020

*Apologies for cross-posting*

We hope this message finds you well. We are pleased to announce that the 19th Annual Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference will be continuing this year in the form of a virtual conference. Our apologies on the delay of this announcement as we carefully considered the best options for this year's conference.

The conference will be taking place virtually September 9th-11th.

Our Keynote speaker this year is Scott Brown, Senior Cybrarian at Oracle Inc. and the author of "Social Information: Gaining competitive and business advantage using social media tools" (2012, Elsevier/Chandos). Scott also serves as adjunct faculty with the iSchool at San Jose State University and teaches regularly for other information science programs. With over 20 years of experience in library and information settings, Scott is a regular writer and speaker on many areas of information work.

This year's program topics include:

  *   Providing ILL services in the COVID-19 era
  *   ILL and Streaming content
  *   Outreach and collaboration
  *   ILL policies, workflows, and procedures (including alternatives to CONTU)
  *   Understanding ILL systems; including migration, statistics, and discovery
  *   Ask Anything sessions
  *   And more!

Registration can be found at https://nwill2020.eventbrite.com/
A full program can be previewed at our website. Please check https://nwill.org for updates.

2020 Virtual Conference Fees
$50 - Standard Registration
$100 - Institution Registration (2-4 people from the same location)
$25 - For those financially impacted by COVID-19; this is on the honor system, we are not asking for any proof.

Conference fees help us offset the cost of the tools used to hold the virtual conference and offer a full conference experience. As a small independent conference, we use the fees from one year to pay for the following year. With positive thinking, we look forward to offering you an excellent experience next year at PCC-Sylvania in Portland, Oregon.

NWILL is a conference organized by an all-volunteer committee and supported by the community, with a handful of key sponsorships.

This year our keynote speaker is sponsored by Atlas Systems, our Zoom license is sponsored by OCLC, and Sched is sponsored by Emporia State, SLIM program.

Registration & Conference Q&A
What counts as an institutional registration?
Employees who share an OCLC symbol, WorldShare account, Docline ID, or similar may register together under the institutional registration, regardless of their departmental affiliation or institutional status. For example, student employees and staff outside of ILL are encouraged to participate!
Are you recording the presentations?
Yes, mostly. Each presenter will be given the option to allow us to record and post their session. Where permission is allowed, recordings will be made available to attendees several weeks after the conference. This delay will allow us to add captions and help ensure ADA compliance. Attendees will be notified when the recordings are available via e-mail. Access to the general public will be provided in 2021.
Will there be networking/social opportunities?
We're still working on this. There are ideas on how to do this ranging from an open Zoom with breakout rooms to using Discord and other virtual networking tools. If you have any ideas, feel free to post to our FB page: @NWILLConference.
Will there still be games and door prizes?
YES!  This part of NWILL is staying with the conference! The rules of the game will be sent out to all registered attendees the day before the conference and reviewed during the opening remarks.
Still have questions? Contact someone on the NWILL Conference Planning Committee<https://nwill.org/nwillcontacts>.