[Libs-Or] Facilitating Effective and Interactive Zoom Meetings - new MCLS course!

Gwen Haviland havilandg at mcls.org
Tue Jun 23 07:06:35 PDT 2020

MCLS is offering a brand new course for facilitating effective virtual meetings!

Facilitating an effective virtual meeting requires just as much planning and preparation as an in-person meeting. In this workshop, you will gain a foundational knowledge of how to leverage the capabilities of Zoom in order to facilitate effective and interactive Zoom meetings and events. We will examine various Zoom settings and built-in tools and how to decide which is appropriate for the meeting type and will include information on how to create a secure meeting. We will also share how to thoughtfully design the meeting to provide a productive and engaging experience for participants.

This course will delve into steps for planning and facilitating an online meeting and some advanced features of Zoom. We will not cover the basics of setting up a Zoom account or attending a meeting. To participate in this workshop fully, participants should have a basic understanding of using Zoom for meetings and be familiar with how to access account settings.

This will be a highly interactive workshop, and you will gain hands-on practice in using specific Zoom features to facilitate a virtual meeting. Participants should have a microphone and plan to turn their cameras on for full participation.

There are three sessions to choose from:

Facilitating Effective and Interactive Zoom Meetings (am session)<https://store.mcls.org/index.php/facilitating-effective-and-interactive-zoom-meetings-525.html>
1-day class, July 9, 9:30am - 12pm Eastern (8:30am - 11am Central)

Facilitating Effective and Interactive Zoom Meetings (pm session)<https://store.mcls.org/index.php/facilitating-effective-and-interactive-zoom-meetings-526.html>
1-day class, July 9, 1:30pm - 4:00pm Eastern (12:30pm - 3:00pm Central)

Facilitating Effective and Interactive Zoom Meetings<https://store.mcls.org/index.php/facilitating-effective-and-interactive-zoom-meetings-533.html>
1-day class, July 16, 1:30pm - 4pm Eastern (12:30pm - 3pm Central)

For these and other great workshops please visit our Training Store here https://store.mcls.org
To learn about our Soft Skills and Cataloging Certificate Programs click here https://www.mcls.org/training-events/certification/

Gwen Haviland, Training Department
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen St, Suite 1, Lansing, MI 48910
800-530-9019 ext 404
training at mcls.org