[Libs-Or] Free LinkedIn Learning content for Microsoft's Digital Skills Initiative

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Tue Jun 30 10:23:20 PDT 2020

Microsoft has launched a new global initiative to help 25 million people acquire new digital skills needed for the Covid-19 economy. Details about the overall initiative can be found here:
https://news.microsoft.com/skills/

The initiative has three components:
(1) The use of data to identify in-demand jobs and the skills needed to fill them;
(2) Free access to learning paths and content to help people develop the skills these positions require;
(3) Low-cost certifications and free job-seeking tools to help people who develop these skills pursue new jobs.

The second component includes a number of free learning paths within LinkedIn Learning:

Learn Skills for In Demand Jobs<https://opportunity.linkedin.com/skills-for-in-demand-jobs>
Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/finding-a-job-during-challenging-economic-times>
Master In-Demand Professional Soft Skills<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/master-in-demand-professional-soft-skills>
Digital Transformation in Practice: Virtual Collaboration Tools<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/digital-transformation-in-practice-virtual-collaboration-tools?trk=li-jobsindemand-collaborationtools-en&src=direct%2Fnone&veh=direct%2Fnone%7Cdirect%2Fnone>
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging for All<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/diversity-inclusion-and-belonging-for-all?src=direct%2Fnone&veh=direct%2Fnone%7Cdirect%2Fnone&trk=li-jobsindemand-project-en>

All of these pathways can also be accessed through https://opportunity.linkedin.com/

It appears these resources will be available through March 2021. From my quick review, you are not required to have an account with LinkedIn Learning to access the content, although anyone that wants to track their progress through a learning path will need to sign into a user account to do so.

I will pass along any additional information as it comes along. I would encourage libraries to explore the content available and consider promoting it in your community.

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
Everyone counts - take the Census today at my2020census.gov<https://my2020census.gov>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D2BCD4.A65A4C70]