[Libs-Or] Public Library response to COVID-19 (at this moment....)

Miriam Sisson miriam at ndld.org
Sat Mar 14 15:11:32 PDT 2020

The Mildred Whipple Library (North Douglas Library District) is also closed
as of today. Our board meets Wednesday to decide whether some limited
in-person services can be available, such as curbside pickup of reserved
items.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 2:58 PM Su Liudahl <opalsu at gmail.com> wrote:

> For this to help flatten the curve we *must* close all gathering
> places--especially now that kids will be out of school. I think we should
> have done this over a week ago--but because of the lack of testing and
> "hoax mentality," we had no way to justify making that kind of decision.
>
> We were open yesterday for people to stock up on materials and closed as
> of today through as long as schools are closed (far more than two weeks, I
> imagine). We will probably allow some pickup of materials (call us when
> outside, we open the door and set the bag of materials on the ground) and
> will deliver to others who are house-bound (knock on the door, leave on the
> porch). All with careful procedures to make sure materials aren't spreading
> the virus, of course!
>
> ~Su
>
> Su Liudahl
> Library Director
> Creswell Library / Lane Library District
> 64 West Oregon Avenue
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/64+West+Oregon+Avenue?entry=gmail&source=g>
> PO Box 366
> Creswell, Oregon  97426
> (541) 895-3053
>

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:36 PM Jane Corry <jcorryola at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My brother sent me this picture of his neighborhood library in Seattle
>> today, on the last day it’s open.
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2020, at 10:41 AM, John Hunter <John.Hunter at ci.woodburn.or.us>
>> wrote:
>>

>> In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus, and following
>> along with the Governor’s statewide containment efforts, *the City of
>> Woodburn is closing the Aquatic Center and Public Library*.  These
>> closures will be effective Saturday, March 14 and will last until April 1.
>> The decision to reopen these facilities on April 1 will be re-evaluated
>> during the closure.
>>

>> Library users: While the building will be closed, you can still access
>> e-books and digital audiobooks through our Overdrive collection at
>> Library2Go, and access the online catalog to view your account. Library
>> users are encouraged to suspend their existing requests for materials (i.e.
>> “holds”) or modify the pick-up location to neighboring CCRLS libraries.
>> This can be done online or by calling 503-982-5262.
>>

>> Library2Go link: https://library2go.overdrive.com/
>>
>> Online catalog link: https://catalog.ccrls.org/
>>

>> The City prioritizes the health of our community with the utmost
>> importance and appreciates your understanding during this time.
>>

>> *John Hunter, MLIS*
>>
>> Woodburn Public Library Manager
>>
>> 503-982-5259 w | 503-982-5258 f

Miriam Sisson
District Librarian
Mildred Whipple Library, North Douglas Library District
ndld.org