[Libs-Or] FW: Applications for the Digital Inclusion Fellowship now open!

Ellie Avis eavis at josephinelibrary.org
Tue May 5 16:36:14 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I wanted to share this opportunity to apply for the 6th cohort of NTEN’s Digital Inclusion Fellowship—there are two slots open for Oregon fellows, with a preference for communities outside Portland. I participated in this fellowship last year and it was very rewarding—we implemented mobile hotspot lending, a computer basics class, and partnered with Free Geek to give away refurbished laptops to class participants. This is a great opportunity to make sure your library is focusing on equity and inclusion as you shift more collection and programming resources to online platforms.

Full details, including applications, are available on the Digital Inclusion Fellowship application page<https://www.nten.org/major-initiatives/dif/apply/>. Applications are open until May 31, but interviews are being conducted as applications come in.

NTEN is hosting a community call on Tuesday, May 19 to talk about program details and answer any questions folks want to bring. Anyone interested should register for the call in advance<https://www.nten.org/events/?event-id=a0l1U000002yZ3wQAE>.

Applications are welcome from staff who are already employed at community organizations and social service agencies who wish to launch or expand digital inclusion programs. Fellows and their supervisors will submit a dual application, and organizations that have previously participated in the Fellowship are welcome to reapply. Fellows will be eligible for $1,000 or $5,000 program grants, depending on the location.

For more info, contact Leana Mayzlina, the NTEN program manager: 503-272-8743 leana at nten.org<mailto:leana at nten.org>

Best,

Ellie Avis (she/her)
Collection Development Librarian