[Libs-Or] Reminder: Join ACRL-Oregon for a free webinar - “Makerspace Instruction & the ACRL Framework” on 5/27/20 at 10am Pacific

Rachel Bridgewater rbridgewater at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:22:14 PDT 2020

ACRL-Oregon offers free webinars on topics relevant to academic library
staff. Our upcoming webinar is “Makerspace Instruction & the ACRL
Framework” and will be presented by Amy Vecchione at Boise State University
and Stephanie Milne-Lane from Willamette University on 5/27/2020, at 10am
Pacific.

Makerspace Instruction & the ACRL Framework

In this presentation Amy Vecchione and Stephanie Milne-Lane will host a
discussion about research and instruction in a makerspace setting. They
will outline the process of how the maker instruction program developed
iteratively at Boise State University (BSU). Additionally, they will share
the final results of Stephanie’s University of Washington MLIS capstone
project, the BSU MakerLab Toolkit. They will also report on their
conclusions regarding how the ACRL Framework is the best lens for
developing maker instruction.

Registration is open to any library staff-person, but we are limited to 100
attendees in the session, so register soon!

https://forms.gle/RtKBpKLxDPAJyMPH8

We also plan to record the webinar and make it available on our YouTube
channel <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqfWF4niwtaeIAhLwNUHPA>. If you
register, we will email you a link to the recording after the session.
Questions about our webinars can be directed to ACRL-Oregon President
Candise Branum at acrlor at olaweb.org.