[Libs-Or] Please announce: Distinguished Service Award Winner Sara Charlton

OLA Awards olaawards at olaweb.org
Fri May 29 18:48:54 PDT 2020

We are pleased to make the following announcement:
The OLA Awards committee has the honor of giving the Oregon Library
Association's Distinguished Service Award to Sara Charlton! Sara has been a
tireless advocate for Oregon libraries during her many years of service in
libraries, including 29 years as Director of the Tillamook County Library.
As a longtime member of OLA, and former OLA President, Sara has had an
enduring impact on Oregon Libraryland.

In her many letters of support, members of her community highlight the
numerous ways in which Sara has embodied service, leadership,
resourcefulness and indeed was even referred to as a "rock star"! I look
forward to honoring Sara at the next OLA annual conference. Normally, this
announcement would have happened when many of her colleagues could honor
her in person--but due to all the rearrangements that have happened this
year, we are recognizing her virtually at this time. We wanted to be sure
to announce this award this year, however, in honor of her retirement.

Congratulations Sara Charlton!

Sincerely,
OLA Awards Committee