[Libs-Or] Opening for Bilingual Collection Development Librarian
MartinB at wccls.org
Thu Nov 12 16:06:47 PST 2020
Please, if you have a moment, share the following information:
Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) is hiring a Bilingual Collection Development Librarian!
The application deadline has been extended by a week to November 22.
WCCLS is witnessing phenomenal growth in usage of its digital collections and recognizes the need to increase access to these collections for underserved communities. Responding to this need, WCCLS has created the position of Bilingual Collection Development Librarian to join the Countywide Collections Team at WCCLS. The team centrally manages digital collections for the cooperative and physical collections to support specific WCCLS programs (such as popular materials for member libraries, Library Mail Service for patrons who cannot visit a library, and a centralized professional collection).
The Bilingual Collection Development Librarian will support our cooperative by expanding WCCLS' digital library collections and strategically aligning its online resources to meet the needs of our diverse communities. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Developing e-book and digital audiobook collections in Spanish and other languages.
• Managing online resources (including assessing community needs; collecting and analyzing usage data; selecting, renewing, and discontinuing product subscriptions; and working with vendors).
• Selecting physical materials in Spanish and other languages for WCCLS programs like Library Mail Service.
• Supporting member libraries in their development of collections in Spanish and other languages.
• Working with other WCCLS teams on promoting WCCLS collections and online resources to library staff and the public.
• Providing online patron support and troubleshooting, especially for patrons using e-books, digital audiobooks, and online resources.
• Continuing professional development in the areas of collection development and services for diverse communities.
The ideal Bilingual Collection Development Librarian has a heart for serving the public, pushes for more inclusive library collections and greater access to those collections, and thinks big picture about the role of libraries. They prioritize the needs of the underserved and look for opportunities to change and improve library collections in the direction of equity, not the status quo. They are both self-directed and excited about collaboration. They are a great communicator, love to learn, and are comfortable using workplace and library technology.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply! If you know someone who would make a great Bilingual Collection Development Librarian, please share this announcement with them!
You can find the full job announcement and apply online here: https://bit.ly/386udrU. The posting closes on Sunday, November 22 at 11:59pm PST. Questions? Please email PJ Bentley at paulb at wccls.org<mailto:paulb at wccls.org>.
Q. Does this position come with additional compensation since bilingual Spanish-English fluency is required?
A. Yes. Additional compensation is provided to staff members occupying positions designated as bilingual.
Q. Does this position require relocating?
A. Yes. The WCCLS offices are located in Hillsboro, Oregon. Although the Bilingual Collection Development Librarian would telework as a precaution against COVID-19 spread, the position requires being within commuting distance of our offices and other work locations in Washington County.
Bibliotecario comunitario | Community Engagement Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS)
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | wccls.org/es<http://www.wccls.org/es> | facebook.com/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.com/bibliotecaswccls>
Currently reading: Aramburu por María O’Donnell
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or