[Libs-Or] Virtual Panel: Why Did I Leave the Profession? --The DEI Perspective

WEIBLE Arlene * SLO Arlene.WEIBLE at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Nov 19 07:50:19 PST 2020

The Association of Southeastern Research Libraries presents Why Did I Leave the Profession? --The DEI Perspective

Thu, Dec 10, 2020 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM PST
Registration: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5690857091648572687

Join us for an eye opening discussions as 3 former librarians discuss why they left the profession.

Co-moderated by Twanna Hodge (DEI Librarian, University of Florida) we will ask the panelists:

Why did you decide to become a librarian?  Where you recruited to the profession?
Describe your experience working in libraries?
 How long did you stay in the profession?  Why did you leave?
What was great about being a librarian?  What was frustrating?
What advice would you provide DEI and other committees who are designing recruitment/retention programs?

After our questions, we will open it up to the audience for a lively discussion

Ira Revels is the Owner and Principal of Ira Revels Consulting, LLC a Connecticut-based management consulting company. Ira has nearly 20 years operating in fast-paced, high-performance organizations and teams. Her professional background includes Strategic Management Consulting, Educational Technology, Fundraising, Training, and Facilitation.

Michael Eric Owens is President of M.E.O. Consulting.  He is a distinguished scholar, writer, and speaker. Michael is also the founder of and serves as the Executive Director of the Ralph Ellison Foundation.  He is the host of the One Mic, One Voice show, which has an international listening audience.

Rinata White is a Student Music Therapist, Teacher and Former Librarian.

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image001.png at 01D6BE48.91CA8620]