[Libs-Or] Libraries of Eastern Oregon Hires New Executive Director

Erin McCusker director at ucsld.org
Mon Oct 5 20:48:10 PDT 2020

The Board of the Libraries of Eastern Oregon (LEO) is pleased to announce the hiring of our new Executive Director, Stephanie Chase.

Erin McCusker, Board Chair shared, "The Libraries of Eastern Oregon has an important role and history, building the capacity of its member libraries.  I am delighted to work with Stephanie and appreciate her expertise and enthusiasm as we advance a vibrant and vital LEO into the future."

Most recently, Stephanie was the Director of Libraries for Hillsboro (OR), and previously coordinated service strategies to libraries for BiblioCommons, held leadership positions at both The Seattle Public Library and Multnomah County Library, and spent a decade as a library director in small and rural communities in Vermont and New Hampshire. Stephanie is a founding member and served as the inaugural chair of national advocacy organization LibraryReads, and founded the Green Mountain (VT) Library Consortium, a statewide consortium serving over 150 member libraries. In addition, Stephanie currently serves on the Public Library Association's Board of Directors and the American Library Association's governing Council.

"I am thrilled to be able to bring my wide range of experiences to support LEO and our member libraries, and to expand my decade-long participation in the Oregon library community to include our libraries on the eastern side of our state. It is my sincere belief that some of our most innovative work in libraries happens in our smaller communities, and that working together in collaboration brings support and strength to all those participating."

LEO is a network of rural libraries that strive to pool scarce resources for the maximum benefit of our geographically diffuse communities. We hunt for grants and help identify and coordinate opportunities for special programs, exhibit tours, and group database licenses.

leolibraries at gmail.com<mailto:leolibraries at gmail.com>