[Libs-Or] Update and status of Census 2020
arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Oct 14 10:22:49 PDT 2020
If you want to channel anger into action, here are some social media resources to help push out one last message to encourage participation.
* We Count Oregon campaign – Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/wecountoregon/> / Twitter<https://twitter.com/wecountoregon>
* Time is Running Out Social Media Graphics – Graphic 1<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-09/time-is-running-out-social-media-graphics-1x1.jpg>, Graphic 2<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-09/time-is-running-out-social-media-graphics-16x9.jpg>
* Spanish language graphics and badges<https://2020census.gov/es/partners/outreach-materials/badges.html>
* Time is Running Out Web Badges and Banner – Badge 1<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-09/time-is-running-out-web-badges-300x250.jpg>, Badge 2<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-09/time-is-running-out-web-badges-336x280.jpg>, Banner<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-09/time-is-running-out-web-banners-728x90.jpg>
* 2020 Census Outreach Materials<https://2020census.gov/en/partners/outreach-materials.html>
* Where to Count Yourself If You Haven’t Responded Yet<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-06/where-to-count-yourself.pdf>
* Sample Drop-In Messages to Encourage Response<https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2020-03/Sample_Action_Messages.pdf>
From: Libs-Or <libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> On Behalf Of LUDINGTON Sue R
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:58 AM
To: Libs-Or (LIBS-OR at omls.oregon.gov) <LIBS-OR at omls.oregon.gov>
Subject: Re: [Libs-Or] Update and status of Census 2020
Once again, we should be absolutely outraged by this current administration. As the ACLU says, the order "will result in irreversible damage…"
So, so angry right now.
Lane County (OR) Law Library
sue.ludington at lanecountyor.gov<mailto:sue.ludington at lanecountyor.gov> | p: 541-682-4337 | c: 458-243-3423
From: Libs-Or [mailto:libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov] On Behalf Of Arlene Weible via Libs-Or
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 8:40 AM
To: libs-or at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>
Subject: [Libs-Or] Update and status of Census 2020
Here is the latest information about Census 2020 operations, in light of the Supreme Court ruling announced yesterday<https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7230034-20A62-Order.html>.
Hours after the ruling was released, the Census Bureau announced it will keep accepting responses online at My2020Census.gov through Oct. 15 until 11:59 p.m. Hawaii time. The bureau has also set Oct. 15 as the postmark deadline for paper forms, as well as the end date for collecting phone responses and door knocking at unresponsive households. Census Bureau statement: https://2020census.gov/en/news-events/press-releases/statement-on-2020-census-data-collection-ending.html
For some context, here is an article from NPR - Supreme Court Allows Trump Administration To End Census Counting On Oct. 15<https://www.npr.org/2020/10/13/921428056/supreme-court-allows-trump-administration-to-end-census-early>
The Supreme Court is set to discuss on Oct. 16th whether to hear arguments in December over President Trump’s memorandum to exclude unauthorized immigrants from numbers used to determine House seats while he is in office, according to the docket. https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/20-366.html
Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
Everyone counts - take the Census today at my2020census.gov<https://my2020census.gov>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image001.png at 01D6A213.41CA1790]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 15543 bytes
More information about the Libs-Or