[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase | Jennifer Patterson, State Librarian | From the Guest Editor

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:40:17 PDT 2020

Kathleen McCook saw this piece and has shared several articles about
California being the center for eugenics at the time of Oregon’s first
state librarian.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1796?fbclid=IwAR2Dj9RQszfsceTqMbqE2Djg7fi4Se-RbJiqheD5M4MoyRHVTn8jUsNhZLM

and

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/what-america-taught-the-nazis/540630/

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:45 PM OLA Communications Committee <
olacommunications at olaweb.org> wrote:

> Jennifer Patterson is the Director of the State Library of Oregon (State
> Librarian). Please download and read her introduction to the State Library
> of Oregon issue of the OLA Quarterly here:
> http://journals3.library.oregonstate.edu/olaq/article/view/vol26_iss2_2
>
> From Jennifer’s article: “My hope is that the articles in this issue not
> only provide a glimpse into some of the interesting resources and services
> available through the State Library but also provide ideas and strategies
> that can be adapted and applied to other library environments. One of the
> State Library’s primary roles is to support the Oregon library community,
> and we welcome you to contact us to discuss any of the topics in this issue
> or any other library-related topics."
>
> Jennifer has over twenty years of library experience working in public,
> academic, and special libraries in California, Colorado, and Washington
> State before joining the State Library of Oregon in 2019. She has a
> houseful of pets and enjoys hiking and exploring the beautiful Pacific
> Northwest with her family. You can reach her at
> jennifer.l.patterson at state.or.us
>
> Thank you,
> Charles Wood
> OLA Quarterly Coordinator
>
> --
*Diedre Conkling*
*diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou