[Libs-Or] JCLS Open Position: Area Manager

Brynn Fogerty BFogerty at jcls.org
Tue Sep 15 08:53:16 PDT 2020

Jackson County Library Services' open position of Area Manager closes at midnight on the 17th!

Come join our dynamic team and manage our very busy and beautiful Central Point and Medford branches.

With more than 200 days of sunshine each year, Jackson County, Oregon is located midway between Portland and San Francisco. The region boasts beautiful valleys and mountain lakes, wineries, wild rivers, easy access to the Redwoods and coast, and cultural entertainment to rival big cities.

Jackson County Library Services (JCLS) serves the 220,000 residents of Jackson County with 15 branch libraries. The mission of the Jackson County Library District is to connect everyone to information, ideas, and each other. We provide a wide range of children’s, teen, and adult physical and electronic resources and collections as well as outreach services, including booktalks for elementary and middle school students, services for homebound patrons, and outreach to childcare centers. Our ever-changing calendar of programs and events is diverse, including musical performances, lectures, art exhibits, classes, book groups, storytimes, and more.

The Area Manager is responsible for overseeing strategic initiatives, innovation, and delivery of effective and efficient library services for assigned region. The Area Manager creates and maintains an enriching environment that promotes and sustains accountability, efficiencies, collaboration, continuous learning, and high-quality customer service. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of assigned branch(es) in its region and directly supervises a team of paraprofessional and professional staff. This position also provides leadership to staff throughout the library system to organize and promote excellence in community engagement efforts with the goal of creating a thriving library in its Jackson County community.

Please review our job announcement on our website: https://jcls.org/jcld/employment

To apply, email your cover letter, resume and completed JCLS application to bfogerty at jcls.org

Thank you,

[Primary Blue_IconOnly_306px_WithPadding]Brynn Fogerty

Human Resources Manager

Jackson County Library Services

541.734.3996