[Libs-Or] DEADLINE TOMORROW! Call for Proposals: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Libraries: Progress and Promise?

Jodie Borgerding borgerding at amigos.org
Mon Sep 28 12:23:02 PDT 2020

Equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) initiatives and practices have been at the forefront of library services for several years. However, now we need to ask ourselves, are we not only talking the talk, but walking the walk when it comes to EDI. Are the EDI initiatives and plans we developed years ago actually working? Are we seeing an impact from these efforts in our communities and among our staff?

Join Amigos Library Services on December 2, 2020 for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Libraries: Progress and Promise? We will take a closer look at EDI and explore what initiatives in your library have worked, ones that have not.

We are now accepting presentation proposals for this online conference. Suggested topic areas include, but are not limited to:

  *   Diversity audits and assessments of your library's collection
  *   Implementation of universal design best practices in your library's digital and physical spaces
  *   Successful strategies on engaging your library's staff, community, and/or campus with EDI education and training
  *   Lessons learned in managing controversial EDI issues within your library's workplace, community, and/or campus
  *   Archival and special collections management of materials from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized groups
  *   Ways to reduce biases in cataloging
  *   Proven best practices for inclusive library instruction and critical information literacy
  *   Next steps in recruiting, retaining, and leading a diverse library workplace

Please submit your proposal<https://www.amigos.org/node/6527> by September 29, 2020. Tell us your story and share what attendees can expect to learn from your presentation. Amigos staff will provide all the training for our platform and full technical support during your presentation. All sessions are 45 minutes with time for questions and answers.

For more information about this conference, contact Jodie Borgerding, borgerding at amigos.org<mailto:borgerding at amigos.org> or (972) 340-2897.

Jodie Borgerding
Continuing Education Services Manager
MOLIB2GO Coordinator