[Libs-Or] We're hiring! City of Sherwood invites applications for Library Assistant I (On-Call)

Adrienne Doman Calkins DomanCalkinsA at SherwoodOregon.gov
Tue Apr 6 11:04:38 PDT 2021

Come join us at Sherwood Public Library! We are a member library of Washington County Cooperative Library Services and a department of the City of Sherwood, in the southern end of the Portland Metro area and edge of wine country.

We continue to practice extra safety precautions, social distance at work, use online meetings, and we are ramping up to reopen in a very limited way (masks required) for browsing and checkout. Our model is blended service, so Library Assistants get to help in Circ, with readers advisory, basic reference, and more. We love including our on-calls in our trainings, meetings, and more.

Library Assistant I (On-Call)
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofsherwood/jobs/3030907/library-assistant-i-on-call?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
$17.74 - $22.50 Hourly
Closing 4/19/2021 11:59 PM Pacific

Description

The City of Sherwood is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and patron-focused customer service expert to join our team and on-call pool. Share your knowledge of library services and resources and help make Sherwood a great place to live and work.

The Library Assistant I, under general supervision, performs various duties within the Library requiring general knowledge of library operations, primarily in the circulation area, but including: readers' advisory, ready reference, technical services, and children's services. May provide training and orientation to volunteers, students and newly assigned personnel on site policies and practices.

Questions? Contact Jenny Swanson, SwansonJ at SherwoodOregon.gov<mailto:SwansonJ at SherwoodOregon.gov>, Library Operations Supervisor, or Christina Jones JonesC at SherwoodOregon.gov<mailto:JonesC at SherwoodOregon.gov>, HR Manager.

Adrienne Doman Calkins
Library Manager, Sherwood Public Library
22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, OR 97140
503-625-4272  |  domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov<mailto:domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov>
www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library<http://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library>  |  Monthly e-newsletter<https://www.libraryaware.com/1690/Subscribers/Subscribe?showonlynewsletterlists=true>
A member library of Washington County Cooperative Library Services
Pronouns I use: she, her, hers

This email may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended for use solely by the above referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the City of Sherwood at (503) 625-5522 and delete the copy you received.