[Libs-Or] CSD Virtual Auction Fundraiser

Tara Morissette tmorissette at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 19:40:00 PDT 2021

The Children's Services Division is pleased to announce our first ever virtual auction fundraiser. You can support the mission and purpose of the CSD by making a purchase at our virtual auction.  Browse the collection for an impressive selection of quality books. Your purchase helps us fund future scholarships and workshops.  Bidding starts at $5.00 or $10.00 for a batch of four or five books.

The books for our auction were donated by a member of the Amelia Bloomer Award Committee. Books considered for the Amelia Bloomer List must include significant feminist content, be well-written and well-illustrated (if applicable), and be appealing for young readers from birth to age 18. While not all of these books won the award, they are all high-quality titles.

In the past, the CSD fundraiser was held during the spring workshop, an all-day, in-person event.  In 2020, the Spring Workshop and fundraiser, scheduled for mid-March, were cancelled due to the Coronavirus lockdown.  Today, we are hosting our first virtual auction fundraiser.

Auction winners in the Portland Metro Area may be able to arrange pick up instead of shipping the titles to you, especially if you purchase many lots.   Please contact our incoming co-chair for pick up arrangements.

If you have questions about our fundraiser, please contact our incoming co-chair, Susan Cackler.  If you are on a book committee and receive a large quantity of quality children's books, please consider donating them to CSD.  Please contact our incoming chair to make your donation.

Thank you for supporting the Children's Services Division of OLA!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10